KEEP THE U.S. POPULATION UNDER ½ BILLION!
“No environmental issue in America is improved by increasing the U.S. population,
and mass immigration is now the main driver of population growth in the USA.”
John Brainard, March 2015
DEMOCRATS FOR REASONABLE & RESPONSIBLE IMMIGRATION (DRRI)
An unofficial organization that consists of this Web site and the editorial blog posts that are linked to below, written by John Brainard, editor of the EarthDirectory Network
THE BEGINNING OF THE AMERICAN LEFT WING COUNTEROFFENSIVE AGAINST MASS IMMIGRATION INTO THE USA
DRRI does not want your money or your membership – all you need to do is take action as a concerned person living in the USA
PART 14: The Absurdity of Continuing Mass Immigration Into the United States Posted Sept. 16, 2017
PART 12: U. S. Environmental Leaders that Support the Senate's Mass Immigration Bill Should Resign or Be Fired Posted May 5, 2014
PART 11: A Call to all Democrats, Environmentalists, Ecologists & Everyone Else to Not Support the Immigration Bill Posted: May 24, 2013
PART 10: Two Questions to Ask Proponents of Mass Immigration -- They Won't Have Good Answers! Posted: March 11, 2013
PART 9: Just as it Took Republicans to Open the Door to China, It Will Take Democrats to End the Mass Immigration Juggernaut Posted: March 11, 2013
PART 8: Punish the "Illegal Employers" Not the Struggling Undocumented & Unauthorized Immigrant Workers Posted: March 2, 2013
PART 7: Mass Immigration Will Destroy the American Dream - Support Moderate Immigration Instead Posted: December 16, 2012
PART 6: An Article about the Population of the USA Reaching 1 Billion Posted: October 12, 2012
PART 5: Some Interesting British Articles on Mass Immigration Posted: April 10, 2012
PART 4: Progressives: Stand Up for Moderate Immigration, Not Mass Immigration! Posted: April 4, 2012
PART 3: Links to Government Tables Showing the USA Trending to Over 1 Billion People by 2100 Posted: April 2, 2012
PART 2: Population Projections Posted: March 31, 2012
PART 1: Opening Statement Posted: March 29, 2012
Democrats for Reasonable & Responsible Immigration (DRRI) Supports the Following Policies and Goals:
1. Keeping the USA’s population from ever going above ½ billion. This means an official national goal of ½ billion people or less for the peak population of the USA.
2. Absolutely not more than an average of 500,000 (½ million) new permanent immigrants and/or refugees into the USA each year for the foreseeable future. Eventually as low as approximately 300,000/year if necessary for getting the United States’ population to a sustainable level.
3. A universal, national, mandatory E-Verify system for all employers. Enforcing current laws & creating new laws where necessary to strictly punish employers that hire short-term or long-term unauthorized workers. Use large fines to severely punish American employers that hire unauthorized workers. Leave the undocumented workers alone – their lives are tough enough (unless they’ve committed a felony such as identity theft – for example stealing someone’s Social Security number).
4. The completion and implementation of a biometric entry-exit tracking system at all ports-of-entry within the United States.
5. No more extended family immigration – just because a person is a permanent immigrant in the USA won’t mean that the rest of his or her extended family (cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews etc.) can migrate to the USA.
6. A work permit and a pathway to eventual permanent residency and citizenship for undocumented, non-felon immigrants that are currently in the USA if the first five requirements are fully initiated. This also includes reunification of immediate family members currently living outside the USA with their families in the USA.
7. The creation of an independent agency or organization, perhaps financed by the U. S. and Mexican governments, to rescue the many people that would otherwise die trying to cross the USA’s southern border.
8. The U.S. government must promote economic & political improvement in the home countries of people that massively immigrate to the USA, as an alternative to immigration to the USA.
9. The National Democratic Party, as the party of environmental protection, American worker’s rights and human respect, should officially endorse the above eight policies and goals.
Actions that all Democrats can take to support Moderate Immigration and to stop Mass Immigration into the USA:
a. Demand at all caucuses, conventions and other Democratic Party functions that the Party adopt the policies and goals listed above. Demand the same of Party leaders & politicians.
b. Demand the removal of all Democratic Party leaders that support “open borders” or extreme levels of mass immigration, because a large majority of Democrats support moderate immigration.
c. Demand that the Party stop catering to short-term business interests & the mass immigration lobby and instead support the wishes of the majority of Democrats for immigration moderation.
d. Demand that the new “politically correct” position of the Democratic Party on immigration be based on the goals and policies listed above, not on letting “everyone” migrate to the USA.
e. Explain to friends and colleagues that mass immigration creates an over-supply of American workers and makes it harder to achieve environmental & conservation goals within the USA.
f. Demand that the government promote economic & political improvement in the home countries of people that massively immigrate to the USA, as an alternative to immigration to the USA.
g. Demand that mass immigration to the USA no longer be allowed to be a “safety valve” to help inadequate, bad or horrible foreign governments stay in power, for example as in our previous immigration policy towards Cuba.
h. Remind leaders of American environmental & conservation organizations that their job is to protect & conserve the environment, not endorse “politically correct” mass immigration bills.
i. Remind American labor leaders that their job is to support optimum conditions for American workers, not support mass immigration bills that overcrowd the American labor market.
j. Remind people that the United States can’t possibly accommodate the one to two billion people (at least that many people) who would like to immediately become American citizens.
k. Remind the “open borders” people that American citizenship is a privilege legally granted to a relatively small number of people by the American people, not a worldwide human right.
l. Remind people that the USA is the “home” of the American people and American citizens have the right to decide (democratically through their government) how many people they let move into their home.
m. Remind people that it should absolutely not be politically correct to continue with urban sprawl that covers nearly 40 acres of American farm & ranch land per hour, much of which is some of America’s prime farmland, and that this is spurred on by overpopulation driven by mass immigration. As the “breadbasket of the world” it’s our responsibility to protect our farmland to help feed the world.
U. S. & World Population Clock
Annual Projections of U. S. Population from 1999 to 2100
Produced by the U. S. Census Bureau and Released in 2000 (pdf file)
[Mid-level Projections, Low-level Projections, High-level Projections &
Zero International Migration Projections]
Annual Projections of U. S. Population from 2015 to 2060
Produced by the U. S. Census Bureau and Released in 2012 (xls file)
[Only shows very low “Mid-level Projections”]
Immigration Statistics, U. S. Department of Homeland Security
Worldometers, World and Top 20 Country Population Statistics
For more information on population & demographics
and for differing points of view on immigration see:
Some Other Immigration Moderation Organizations Around the World
(DRRI does not necessarily endorse the policies and actions of these organizations)
Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) [USA]
Immigration Control Platform (ICP) [Ireland]
Immigration Watch Canada (IWC)
Migration Watch UK [United Kingdom]
Population Institute Canada (PIC)
Population Matters [UK]
Sustainable Population Australia (SPA)
Some Interesting Articles on Mass Immigration
(DRRI does not necessarily endorse or completely agree with any of these articles)
More in U.S. Would Decrease Immigration Than Increase [Gallup June 27, 2014]
In U.S., Support for Decreasing Immigration Holds Steady [Gallup August 24, 2016]
Overall U.S. Desire to Decrease Immigration Unchanged in 2017 [Gallup June 7-11, 2017]
The Environmental Argument for Reducing Immigration to the United States [Editor’s choice – please read!]
U. S. Immigration and the Environment [pdf] [Highly recommended]
True toll of Mass Migration on UK Life: Half of Britons suffer under strain placed on schools, police, NHS and Housing
U.S. population to hit 1 billion in 2100, prof says
How did opening borders to mass immigration become a ‘Left-wing’ idea?
The folly of mass immigration
Unmaking England – Will Immigration Demolish in Decades a Nation Built over Centuries? [Editor’s comment – Wow!]
Why the Left is Wrong about Immigration [An excellent article on globalism and the nation state – A must-read for all pc people!]
The Progressive Case for Taking Control of EU Immigration – and Avoiding Brexit in the Process [pdf] [Required reading for progressives!]
Persons Obtaining Lawful Permanent Resident Status: Fiscal Years 1820 to 2016
U. S. Population Through History
Podcast: A Progressive Views The Environmental Costs of U.S. Immigration: Ethicist Dr. Philip Cafaro
U. S. Census Bureau Estimates:
U. S. Population Increase from New Years 2016 to New Years 2017 - 2,245,347
U. S Population Increase from New Years Day 2017 to January 1, 2018 - 2,314,238
DRRI strongly supports the goals of Global Population Speak Out
Please link to DRRI’s Announcement on your website:
See EarthDirectory on Twitter
DRRI has never received and does not take any money from any other
immigration organizations or from any other organizations or foundations.
See DRRI’s Companion Blog
This site can be accessed from the following Web site addresses:
This page was created on February 21, 2013. Most recent modification: August 13, 2018.